Introducing IMPACT International
IMPACT is a not-for-profit Christian-based organization founded in 2004. IMPACT has assisted and currently assists many disadvantaged individuals and families having a wide range of problems by helping them get off the streets, setting them up in their own housing and becoming productive members of their community. We typically use our own resources, the resources of other organizations, and federal, state, and local agencies. IMPACT has never turned anyone away. We serve all people in need regardless of gender, ethnicity, health, sexual orientation, nationality or religious beliefs.
Our hopes are that funding and/or other resources may be available to assist us in feeding the homeless, providing clothing to individuals and families, and offering life-skills education through mentoring to those most in need. One of our guiding principles is to accept all new IMPACT members as if they were family, and to address each individual’s specific social needs or roadblocks in order to reconnect him/her with their own family or support network. [TOP]
Our vision is to continue building an organization of servant-leaders, and to create through a supportive mentorship ideology a focus on self-sufficiency and a theology of helping communities and their residents develop their God-given assets and giftings in a way that will not only substantially impact individual lives…it will build and strengthen a foundation that supports a livable, sustainable and safe community. [TOP]
“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil to give you hope in your final outcome.” - Jeremiah 29:11
- To develop leadership by mentoring a strong generation of urban/suburban leaders extolling excellence in spirituality, morality, education, vocation and individuality as part of a community.
- To teach life skills and develop leaders through mentoring and tutoring.
- To advance academic achievement and vocational preparation through technology-based education, tutoring and job skills training.
- To create meaningful work opportunities through business development and partnership.
- To develop livable housing opportunities.
- To connect people in need with leaders and/or organizations (city, county, state, federal, non-profit and for-profit) in the community to meet those needs.
- To help develop the skills needed to be effective parents.
- To support family values by nurturing and empowering families and faith-based communities.
- To re-establish successful communities within the city, one life at a time. [TOP]